[rabbitmq-discuss] Getting Rid of a Faulty message

Simone Busoli simone.busoli at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 10:54:55 GMT 2012

Hi Oren,

RabbitMQ has some mechanisms to handle this, but you'd first need to
describe what you want to do with the faulty message.

   - IF you know the message is going to bring down the other processors
   why aren't you just acking (or nacking or rejecting with requeue=false) it
   before crashing the first processor? I am assuming this is an option, it
   may not be.
   - If you cannot even modify the part of the code which interacts with
   RabbitMQ in the processors you could enable the autoack option, and each
   message will be considered acked as soon as it leaves the broker network
   stack. Beware that this relaxes the reliability constraints you may have,
   introducing the chance of loosing messages