[rabbitmq-discuss] Clarification needed for HA of RabbitMQ statistics database

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jan 13 11:55:05 GMT 2012

That information is actually out of date (theoretically as of 2.6.0
although in practice the stats DB recovery was buggy until 2.7.1). I'll
update it.

So now the stats DB will get recreated on another node in the cluster
(assuming there is another node which is running the full mgmt plugin,
not just the agent). When the DB is recreated it will gather the
information it needs from the rest of the cluster. So there shouldn't be
anything to worry about.

Cheers, Simon

On 12/01/12 19:04, mridusmita.talukdar at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the RabbitMQ documentation there is a mention about how the
> management plugin works in a cluster, and from what I understand these
> are the main points:
>
> 1.The management plugin can be installed on one or more nodes in the cluster
>
> 2.Cluster nodes which do not have full management plugin will need to
> have an management-agent plugin installed on them
>
> 3.The management plugin installs a database into RabbitMQ. In a RabbitMQ
> cluster there will be only one copy of the statistics database located
> in the first node to come up that has full management plugin installed.
> If that node goes down then statistics information will be missing.
>
> My question is: Isn’t there any other way by which we can make the
> statistics database highly available? Because our requirement is that,
> we would like to review the statistics on a monthly basis, but in case
> the lone node goes down within that period, we lose all the information.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Mridu
>
> *Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. *

> to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s)
> and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If
> you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate,
> distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and
> destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

> transmitted by this email.
>
> www.wipro.com

Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware