[rabbitmq-discuss] Auth failure: Bad CONNECT

Lionel Cons lionel.cons at cern.ch
Thu Jan 12 08:04:44 GMT 2012

dnsplus <developer at dnsplus.net> writes:
> Sadly, no. I still get the Bad CONNECT response.

Which version of RabbitMQ are you using?

Here, with RabbitMQ 2.7.1 and Net-STOMP-Client 1.2, the following code
does work:

 use Net::STOMP::Client;
 $stomp = Net::STOMP::Client->new(host=>'localhost', port=>61223);
 $stomp->connect(login=>"guest", passcode=>"guest", host=>"rabbitmq");

(note: our virtual host is called "rabbitmq" and not "default")

As a side note, the RabbitMQ logs should contain more information
so that broker admins can more quickly unedrstand what's wrong.

Cheers,

Lionel