[rabbitmq-discuss] About exchange bindings

Michael Bridgen mikeb at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 11 09:39:01 GMT 2012

> My questions are:
> 1. In the function definition, what does the argument "ticket" mean, and
> how to use it?

It's a throwback to AMQP 0-8 that was removed in AMQP 0-9-1 (I don't
know why it's in an API). Just let it default to 0.

> 2. What is the set of arguments for "arguments = {}"?

Generally, none. It's an extension mechanism in AMQP, and usually left
alone. Aside from vendor extensions, the only reason for ever using it
is for a binding to a headers exchange, which encodes its match values
in the 'arguments' field.

-Michael