[rabbitmq-discuss] Python example on event-driving consumer?

njsss shilei1980 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 23:49:07 GMT 2012

Excuse me for being a newb, but how to "loop for N ms" in Pika
(haven't got time to look into haigha)?
I tried to set a timeout func in the ioloop:

def on_timeout():
    global connection
    print "timeout"
    connection.close()
connection.add_timeout(timeout, on_timeout)

and insert these between each frame (don't really know how to do the
queue in that game engine (panda3D) as well :( ):
        connection = SelectConnection(parameters, on_connected)
        connection.add_timeout(timeout, on_timeout)
        connection.ioloop.start()

but running into trouble
"UserWarning: SelectConnection.Close invoked while closing or closed
    self.__class__.__name__) "