[rabbitmq-discuss] Why are deliveries still showing even though msg counts show 0 in admin?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 22:06:11 GMT 2012

AndyB:

> What is confusing me is that I'm seeing the message counts for all
> values go to 0, but the deliveries are continuing to show work for a
> good bit of time (several minutes).  So what messages are being
> delivered if the counts are showing 0?

It depends on your particular client but probably RabbitMQ delivers messages and clients then keep them around
until they are all processed. If you use message acknowledgements, there is no reason to worry: if your application crashes, RabbitMQ will notice that connection was closed and will requeue unacknowledged messages.

See basic.qos AMQP method if you want to control this behavior.

MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin