[rabbitmq-discuss] Regd: Spring AMQP versus Java Client Library

Gary Russell grussell at vmware.com
Tue Feb 28 15:57:41 GMT 2012

Spring AMQP...

http://static.springsource.org/spring-amqp/reference/html/

...brings, to AMQP, the familiar benefits of Spring (high level abstractions - eliminating boilerplate code, while providing access to lower level APIs when necessary, consistent exception hierarchy across different vendor implementations,  etc).

It also provides a listener container, enabling message-driven POJOs, thus eliminating all infrastructure dependencies from application code.

While clearly aimed at existing Spring users, who are already aware of these benefits, we feel it is equally applicable to those users who are not (yet) using Spring.

Gary