[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqctl stall/hang when leaving a cluster

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 24 12:22:22 GMT 2012

On 23/02/12 21:00, Matt Pietrek wrote:
> The nohup.out on the failing node ends with:

<snip>

> starting database                                                     ...

So how long are you waiting when determining it's hanging? Less than 30
seconds?

Because that looks like Rabbit is waiting for another cluster node (if
it was not the last to shut down, but is the first to start up, it will
wait for the one that was the last to shut down. But it will only wait
for 30 seconds before spitting out an error. I'm not sure how else you
could get it to stop there *without* any further output though.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware