[rabbitmq-discuss] Understanding Federation

MELIQUE Denis (MORPHO) denis.melique at morpho.com
Thu Feb 23 16:36:09 GMT 2012

Thank you Simon.

This makes it much clearer for me.
I was first surprised to see this queue always empty on my test bed,
but the reason is (correct me if I'm wrong)
that my system was not loaded enough, and consumers got messages as soon as they came in.

So every message consumed from the downstream is first written on disk.
This might be a disadvantage for performance.
And gives an advantage to Shovel, as you can configure it with transient queues.

Denis