[rabbitmq-discuss] Message presence notification

Cermak, Marek Marek.Cermak at Honeywell.com
Thu Feb 23 12:15:19 GMT 2012

Hello Marek,

It indeed does, but it would be useful in case there is only one producer (or not many of them). We can have lot of producers and that would bring tons of messages in notification queue (in the worst case one for every message in the 'real' queue).
Another issue would be sending of such notification messages since producers are not willing to be changed ;-)

> > I was thinking about channel.basicQoS(0) but what would I get in that case?
>
> Spec says:
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-reference.html#basic.qos
>
> > May be set to zero, meaning "no specific limit", although other
> > prefetch limits may still apply.

True, you're right.

> Cheers,
>     Marek