[rabbitmq-discuss] Bug in management plugin escaping

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 10:48:57 GMT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com>wrote:

 This said, an error message like "xmerl is missing" would have been
>> easier to interpret...
>>

> Yeah, but then we have to wrap every call into any bit of the runtime that
> may be missing. There should already be a warning printed at startup?

On that regard PHP frameworks like Symfony offer a check.php script that
basically tests if your PHP installation is OK for running the framework.
That is… it checks for required extensions, folder permissions as well as
some security settings.

Maybe RabbitMQ could provide such script?

Cheers,

Alvaro