[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqadmin and ability to read configuration files

Massimo Paladin Massimo.Paladin at cern.ch
Thu Feb 16 10:56:08 GMT 2012

Simon,

thanks for the changes.

We made other changes that would be good if they could be merged:
- if configuration file is specified and node is not specified it could
  allow strange behaviors, we thought it would be nice if it would look
  for a "default" node in the configuration file.
  Please note that this is done only if the configuration file is given,
  else it would always look for the default config file and node "default"
  if default config files would be present.
- the default vhost "/" (line 517 of your version) was not configurable.
  vhost is treated differently for list and declare, the current situation
  does not allow to define a vhost in the configuration file.
  Adding a default_vhost to the configuration file allow the possibility
  to configure every parameter from the configuration file independently
  from the sub command executed. (which is not the case in the current
version)
- die was printing messages without going to new line

Updated script is available at:
https://github.com/mpaladin/rabbitmq-custom/blob/master/rabbitmqadmin/rabbitmqadmin

Cheers,
---