[rabbitmq-discuss] How to configure

MELIQUE Denis (MORPHO) denis.melique at morpho.com
Wed Feb 15 14:47:02 GMT 2012

Hi every body.

I'm quite new with RabbitMQ, so sorry if my question is stupid.

I'am currently setting a Shovel configuration to forward messages from one broker to another,
to have a two sites Active/Semi-Active configuration. Incoming messages must be processed by both sites.

I have set a very small testing configuration with 2 hosts.
'Active host' is running RabbitMQ 2.7.1 on Windows, as 'Semi-Active' is running RabbitMQ 2.6.1 on RedHat6.

The test configuration is as following:
- messages are posted by clients to a direct Exchange named 'public'
- consumers bind to transient queues to the 'public' exchange, with a specific key
   Each consumer  read a message and stores it on disk.
- obviously I don't want to lost any message

My Shovel configuration has: (see attached rabbitmq.config files)

1-      On the Active side:

- a persistent queue bound to 'public' exchange with all possible keys. So every incoming message is read by the Shovel plug-In (that's OK)

- a Shovel declaration to forward messages to the distant exchange declared for the

2-      On the Semi-Active side:
- a topic exchange to which Shovel forwards messages (that's also OK)
- a persistent queue bound to this topic exchange
- a Shovel declaration to forward messages into the local 'public' Exchange.

Everything is fine and messages are going from Active side to Semi-Active one.

Except when consumers are not running on the Semi-Active side.
In that case, messages are sent to 'public' Exchange and are lost because nobody is bound to.
despite the setting : ack_mode, on_confirm

Nb: if the 'Semi-Active side' is not started at all, it's OK messages are kept in the persistent queue
On the Active side.
I'am looking for a way of configuring Shovel plug-in to keep messages in persistent queue until
a consumer can process them.

I thing  I am probably wrong with my configuration, but I can't figure where ??

Thank's a lot.

Denis
#
" Ce courriel et les documents qui lui sont joints peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou ayant un caractère privé. S'ils ne vous sont pas destinés, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de les divulguer, de les reproduire ou d'en utiliser de quelque manière que ce soit le contenu. Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, merci d'en informer l'expéditeur et de supprimer immédiatement de votre système informatique ce courriel ainsi que tous les documents qui y sont attachés."
******
" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, copying of this e-mail and any attachments thereto or use of their contents by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from your computer system."
#