[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitMQ management tool not showing messages delivered

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Feb 15 10:13:54 GMT 2012

On 14/02/12 18:27, Langston, Jim wrote:
> I'm scratching on this one …
>
> I have 4 queues, 8 RMQ server cluster, in the browser for management, I
> see for
> the queues, all their names, status is active on all of them, they are
> showing
> about 7K of incoming message rates. On three of the queues deliver/get is
> displaying about 7K as well, that is, except for one queue, which is
> showing 0.
> Yet, the messages are getting to the applications from that queue.
>
> This is the same for all the RMQ server mgmt pages.
>
> I'm not sure why I'm seeing 0 for that one queue even though the application
> is not bothered as the queue is not building up and the messages are getting
> through.

Hi Jim. Two possibilities spring to mind:

1) Is the management agent running on all nodes in the cluster? If it's
not installed on any node, any activity on that node will not be counted.

2) Is that queue consumed from by clients that open and close very short
lived channels? There's a longstanding bug / lacking feature in mgmt
that short-lived channels do not contribute to statistics.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware