[rabbitmq-discuss] Why is the queue created on the consumer's side?

Bamboula aloroi18 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 13:32:36 GMT 2012

Hello all,

I've understood from the tutorials that the producer doesn't send any
message directly to a queue, and that quite often doesn't even know if a
message will be delivered to a queue.

In the third tutorial (Publisher/Subscriber), the queue is declared on the
consumer's side. I think that's for simplicity reasons in this particular
example (since the number of consumers is equal to the number of queues).
Does queue declaration means queue creation? If yes, I think that it is
quite strange to create a queue on the consumer's side in real
applications.If no, where is the created?

I would appreciate if someone could give me some information.

Thanks a lot,

Bamboula