[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem in installing in bebian

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 10 10:48:52 GMT 2012

Are you perhaps trying to install the RabbitMQ deb with dpkg? That won't
automatically resolve dependencies, so you can either "sudo apt-get
install erlang-nox" or use apt for the whole thing as described by
Alexandru below.

But Erlang is in Debian, it's a completely normal install.

Cheers, Simon

On 10/02/12 10:45, cheepu wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
> Before the installation of rabbitmq i need to install erl, how can i install
> this.
> Even the installation steps for rabbitmq produces error that rabbitmq-server
> depends on erlang-nox
> please guide me to install erl in the debian.
>
> Thanks
>

> Alexandru Scvorţov wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The website describes the steps to install RabbitMQ on Debian:
>>    http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-debian.html
>>
>> Basically, you have to add this line to /etc/apt/sources.list
>>    deb http://www.rabbitmq.com/debian/ testing main
>>
>> And then run:
>>    sudo apt-get update
>>    sudo apt-get install rabbitmq-server
>>
>> That will install the latest RabbitMQ server and take care of
>> dependencies.
>>
>> Is there a reason why you don't use the package manager?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alex
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 11:43:43PM -0800, cheepu wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>> I downloaded the rabbitmq-server-generic-unix-2.7.1.tar and extracted it
>>> in
>>> the /usr/local/rabbitmq directory. When I started the server
>>> bin/rabbitmq-server Its not started with given error erl not found.
>>>               Now to install Erlang, I have downloaded otp_src_R15B.tar.gz
>>> I run the following command to extracted  it  using command
>>> tar zxf otp_src_R15B.tar.gz
>>> in the directory /usr/local/erlang directory
>>> then ./configure
>>> and after that make command
>>> but make command is not working because it is not able to find the
>>> otp_deb.mk file and it doesnot exists in the specified directory.
>>> What else i can use to install the erl in debian.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> --

Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware