[rabbitmq-discuss] .NET client Heartbeat setting

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 10 10:24:43 GMT 2012

Hi Simone,

On 07/02/12 15:00, simone.busoli wrote:
> That's what I was trying to say, the hearbeat setting is not picked up
> when passed on the querystring as "?heartbeat=" if you pass the entire
> Uri to the uri property, it is not parsed by the client library.

What I meant was, is you expectation of URI parsing options beyond those
described in the spec (http://www.rabbitmq.com/uri-spec.html) based on
documentation? If so then that documentation needs to be corrected.

Only the RabbitMQ Erlang client offers this ability. As your original
email points out, the correct way to set heartbeats on other clients is
via the connection factory. I will file a bug to improve the consistency
of our clients in this regard.

-Emile