[rabbitmq-discuss] Python example on event-driving consumer?

Mark Wong-VanHaren markwvh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 06:11:50 GMT 2012

Hi, Aaron-

Haigha looks really cool, and I'm interested to use it *with gevent*.
 Perhaps you could offer and example of how one does that?

In your stress_test:
    https://github.com/agoragames/haigha/blob/master/scripts/stress_test

I see that you're continually calling connection.read_frames(), and I see a
comment in the implementation of that method saying:

  #  ....in the case of gevent, this is how a blocking call to
  # read from the socket is kicked off.

But I'm afraid I don't grok that or know what that means in terms of how
one should use Haigha with gevent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
-Mark