[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP and persistent messages to a queue destination

Jerry Kuch jerryk at vmware.com
Thu Feb 2 17:22:55 GMT 2012

Hi, Michael...

Apologies.  When I responded somewhat glibly earlier I missed the key bit
of context that you're talking about STOMP, about which I know relatively little.

The plugin creates its "/queue" queues as durable automatically, so that part
of my admonition is taken care of, and it works through the default exchange,
which is always there, so that won't be the problem...

Your messages do indeed appear to be published with persistence requested.
Are you losing some or a lot?  When is the broker restart happening?  Could it
be that the broker is bouncing before it's been able to accept responsibility
for your message and get it safely on disk?

Looking at the STOMP adapter's web page, I see we've got what appears to be
an inert non-link where we promise to tell you about the actual semantics of
this operation:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/stomp.html

Rabbit's publisher confirm extension, for ensuring that the broker has really
taken responsibility for a message you've published is documented here:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html#confirms

Are you asking for receipts when you publish?

Best regards,
Jerry