[rabbitmq-discuss] Any movement on RabbitMQ-ØMQ?

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Sat Dec 29 10:42:51 GMT 2012

Hi

On 28 Dec 2012, at 21:24, Murray Williams wrote:

> I'm trying to build some glue between a system that uses a low-level ØMQ implementation and some Enterprise (J2EE for the moment) frameworks, and I got excited when I read the blog about the RabbitMQ-ØMQ plugin. Unfortunately, that plugin seems to depend on the older Erlang-ØMQ (erlzmq) bindings instead of the newer erlzmq2 bindings, and the older bindings don't compile against my recent version of Erlang ("Driver compiled with incorrect version of erl_driver.h") so I'm stuck, unless I want to downgrade my system's Erlang version, but even if I did that, this would give me a very brittle solution.
>
> Does anyone know if the RabbitMQ-ØMQ stuff has been used much in the past two years since the first posting? Am I looking at a dead end here?

I can't speak to its usage, but it sounds like the project is in need of revitalising. If you want to be the community member to own that process (!?), I'd be glad to provide assistance with getting a plugin together that uses the new(er) bindings. This is not an officially supported plugin at the moment though, so it would be on a best effort/spare time basis.

Let me know if you'd like to give it a go. At least if you're the plugin author you've got completely control over making sure it works in your environment! :)