[rabbitmq-discuss] Persistence and Transactions

CJ rmqjava1a at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 18:00:30 GMT 2012

I got the coding examples for producing and consuming transactions from this
site

https://gist.github.com/613157

In this example a txcommit is used by the producer, but not the consumer

My questrion involves the Consumer.  I understand that a rollback is not
possible on a nextDelivery (only on the sending side), and that only ACKS on
consumers are transacted

I noticed that the consumer does NOT have a txcommit or a txSelect.

So do you actually need a txcommit on a consumer since only the ACK is
transacted.  Does the ACK tramsaction happen automatically without a
txcommit.

To have the fullest possible persistence on a consumer, is the consumer
example in the link above sufficient for my purpose, and therefore I do not
need a txselect or txcommit to get the ACK of the consumer transaction to be
trasacted ?