[rabbitmq-discuss] question regarding topic routes

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 16:28:39 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have a question regarding the topic exchange.

How is the '#' meant to be used in binding keys?

Actually, what happens when I have the following binding:

#.some.topic.words ?

Then I sent messages with the following routing keys:

- here.are.some.topic.words <--- matches
- here.some.topic.words <--- matches
- here.topic.words <-- doesn't match?

Does this mean that the three last words of my binding have to be 'some',
'topic' and 'words' but it doesn't matter how many words are there in front?

Is it expected to be used this way or I should use '*' to represent how
many words I want to skip from the beginning of the routing key?

Regards,

Alvaro