[rabbitmq-discuss] .NET client: intermittent AlreadyClosedException - connected host has failed to respond

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Dec 21 19:42:24 GMT 2012

On 21/12/12 19:29, Chen, Bin wrote:
> I am using RabbitMQ 2.8.6 with .NET client on Windows Server 2008 R2.
> Our system also suffers from this AlreadyClosedException problem.
> It causes our system to retry the related task, and this degraded the
> performance.

Did you try enabling heartbeats, as Emile suggested in reply to the OP
here:
http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/NET-client-intermittent-AlreadyClosedException-connected-host-has-failed-to-respond-tp23688p23698.html?

Note that in RabbitMQ 3.0.x heartbeats are enabled by default, so if you
don't want to change your application code (to add the one line to
enable heartbeats) then I suggest an upgrade.

Regards,

Matthias