[rabbitmq-discuss] Exchange to Exchange Binding Apache/PHP AMQP- PECL 1.0.9/1.0.7

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Dec 21 16:30:23 GMT 2012

Eric,

On 20/12/12 17:02, Eric Berg wrote:
> I am setting up a Rabbit connection in my php application code and
> binding one exchange to another for a rich topology. However the
> $exchange->bind() call blocks and my server hangs. The exchanges are
> created correctly and the binding is successful, but the call never
> returns. Has anyone run into this before? Thanks for the help
>
> Side notes:
> If I pass in the AMQP_NOWAIT flag to the bind method doesnt block, but
> the binding does not succeed.

That is odd - the NOWAIT flag has no effect on what the broker does; it
simply causes the response to be omitted.

> This works correctly through the CLI, but not in apache

...and from your previous emails I gather it worked fine in apache with
rabbitmq 2.8.7.

I suggest you run the working and non-working versions through the
RabbitMQ AMQP protocol tracer
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/api-guide.html#tracer) and capture & compare
the output.

Regards,