[rabbitmq-discuss] RMQ performance between high MHz/low core vs lower MHz/high core servers

Matthias Reik matthias.reik at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 10:03:54 GMT 2012

One thing we found out is that disk-IO is the bottleneck in our setup (most
queues are ACK-ed, HA- queues). Our solutions:
1) batching of messages improved performance (message size bigger, but less
messages)
2) Faster disks (10k spinners RAIDed) improved performance

So make sure you also look at that part of the system.

Cheers
Maze