[rabbitmq-discuss] custom plugin causing problems

Prabodh Upreti prabodh.upreti at vce.com
Tue Dec 18 07:53:50 GMT 2012

Hello

I am not sure what is going on with my system.

I created a custom plugin for authentication which is working fine.  As part
of that setup, I had to delete the guest user to make it secure.

Now I need to use the rabbitmqadmin command to create an exchange because
the original one was not created as durable=true, hence I disabled my plugin
and enabled rabbitmq_management.  When I execute

rabbitmqadmin -f long -d 3 list queues

I see

[root at fm11deploy02 rabbitmq]# rabbitmqadmin -f long -d 3 list queues
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/rabbitmqadmin", line 828, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/local/bin/rabbitmqadmin", line 325, in main
    method()
  File "/usr/local/bin/rabbitmqadmin", line 456, in invoke_list
    format_list(self.get(uri), cols, self.options)
  File "/usr/local/bin/rabbitmqadmin", line 348, in get
    return self.http("GET", path, "")
  File "/usr/local/bin/rabbitmqadmin", line 377, in http
    resp = conn.getresponse()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/httplib.py", line 990, in getresponse
    response.begin()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/httplib.py", line 391, in begin
    version, status, reason = self._read_status()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/httplib.py", line 355, in _read_status
    raise BadStatusLine(line)
httplib.BadStatusLine

In the log file I see

 ASH REPORT==== 18-Dec-2012::08:36:03 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: mochiweb_acceptor:init/3
    pid: <0.3908.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception error: undefined function
rabbitmq_cas_authen:check_user_login/2
      in function  rabbit_access_control:'-check_user_login/2-fun-0-'/4
      in call from lists:foldl/3 (lists.erl, line 1197)
      in call from rabbit_mgmt_app:'-make_loop/0-fun-0-'/4
      in call from mochiweb_http:headers/5
    ancestors: [rabbit_mochiweb_web_mgmt,rabbit_mochiweb_sup,<0.127.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.228.0>,#Port<0.12917>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: false
    status: running
    heap_size: 4181
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 3638
  neighbours:

looks like the management plugin is trying to use my custom plugin
rabbitmq_cas_plugin even though I have disabled it.

part of my custom plugin setup I had something like this in rabbitmq.config
which I took out for management plugin:

        {rabbit,
                [{auth_backends, [rabbitmq_cas_authen,
rabbit_auth_backend_inter
nal]},
                 {vm_memory_high_watermark, 0.1}
                ]
        },

I would appreciate any insight. thank you.