[rabbitmq-discuss] Java queueDeclare statement

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Dec 17 15:42:43 GMT 2012

On 17/12/12 15:31, John Smith wrote:
> Maybe its just that my Java is very rusty, but I see a difference
> bewtween the AQPI guide and the ...
> I am using the following link to the API guide
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/api-guide.html
> The API Guide uses the following (and I can get this command to work)
>
> channel.queueDeclare(*queueName*,*true*,*false*,*false*,*null*);

That's correct.

> However, in the in the Java Interface I found in this page
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-java-client/v1.7.0/rabbitmq-java-client-javadoc-1.7.0/com/rabbitmq/client/Channel.html

That's a very old version of the Java API - it's changed since. Check

http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-java-client/current-javadoc/

for an up to date version.

In terms of this specific difference, we moved the passive=true case
into a different Java method, since its semantics are so different.
(People kept talking about "passive queues" as if that meant something
like "durable queues".)

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen