[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue Rates at Zero in Management Interface

David Legg David.Legg at smithelectric.com
Fri Dec 14 13:39:58 GMT 2012

On 14/12/2012 12:39, "Simon MacMullen" <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

>So are your channels / connections short-lived? (i.e. connect, publish
>or consume a message, disconnect) Or do they tend to stay open for at
>least a few seconds at a time?

They are open for long periods.

>If the former then you should be aware that the management plugin only
>shows rates for currently open channels (we intend to fix this in a
>future release).

This worked for a long time before we rebooted the servers and we always
had message rates in at least the single digits.

>Is the management agent installed on all nodes?

Yes, nothing has changed:

[E] rabbitmq_management               2.7.1
[e] rabbitmq_management_agent         2.7.1
[E] rabbitmq_management_visualiser    2.7.1

>Do exchanges and channels show the message rates you'd expect? (and do
>you see all the channels you would expect?)

No, nothing within the management interface shows any message rates other
than 0. The channels that we expect to be open are and they show the same
message rate of 0/s.

Cheers,

David