[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to read the last published message

antonypulicken antony.pulicken at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 03:35:05 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have a configured a fanout exchange for broadcasting the messages. In want
to achieve the following in my use case:

1) A 'code' (message) will be broadcasted to the exchange occasionally and
that needs to be  consumed by all the subscribers. In some cases the
subscriber will be started after the code is published and it should still
be able to read the current code from the queue. It could be because of a
re-start or because it's a new subscriber

2)  Now, if it's possible achieve the above scenario, then the current code
should be discarded once the next code is published

I tried setting autodelete to false, sending a Nack with requeue as 'true',
but then it gets in to a infinite loop..Please let me know your thoughts...

Thanks,
Antony.