[rabbitmq-discuss] How to setup dead-letter queue in C# ?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Dec 7 19:26:17 GMT 2012

On 07/12/12 13:03, Johan Klijn wrote:
> When I associated the x-dead-letter-* arguments with the *queue* (during
> declaration) instead of the binding, it still doesn't work. When I then call
> channel.BasicGet(defaultQueueName, false); the message is removed from queue
> and the queue itself is removed.

There is no way that basic.get would end up removing the queue.

I can't see anything obviously wrong with your code, though there
probably is. You may want to pare it down to the bare essentials: a)
don't create any exchanges - just use the default exchange ("") for
publishing to the MessageQueue and use the standard "amq.fanout"
exchange for the x-dead-letter-exchange, and b) don't use an
x-dead-letter-routing-key.

Also, you didn't say what version of the RabbitMQ server you are
running. Dead-lettering was introduced in 2.8.0.

Regards,

Matthias.