[rabbitmq-discuss] RMQ-3.0.0 multi rabbit nodes not able to start .

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 4 10:53:58 GMT 2012

Hi

On 12/04/2012 10:50 AM, ponmuthu wrote:
> Its working fine . but is ther any way to get all nodes in same
> mgnt plugin ?

Let's just make sure we're answering your question properly. It sounds
like you are running a cluster on a single machine. In this scenario,
the management plugin can either

1. run on all nodes on a different port
2. run on one node only

Using *either* of these approaches, you should still be able to see all
three nodes in the management ui, *as long as they are clustered
together* !!!

If you are doing (1) then as I showed you, the
RABBITMQ_SERVER_START_ARGS needs to use '-rabbitmq_management listener
[{port, ?}]' where the port is different for each node. That should work
just fine and all three nodes will have a listener running on a
different port.

If you just want to run management on one of your nodes and not the
other two then you can do this by pointing to a different
RABBITMQ_ENABLED_PLUGINS_FILE for the node on which you want to run
management and enabling the plugin on *only* that node by running
`RABBITMQ_ENABLED_PLUGINS_FILE=/path/to/the/file rabbitmq-plugins enable
rabbitmq_management` and restarting just that rabbit. This will enable
management on *one node only* but as long as the other nodes are
*clustered* then they will all appear in the UI.

Does that make sense? Sorry if I misunderstood your question at first. :-)