[rabbitmq-discuss] Intermittent Problem - 2.8.5 java client hangs on declare exchange

m.luchak at smartasking.com m.luchak at smartasking.com
Fri Aug 24 21:49:41 BST 2012

I couldn't agree more ;)  this is very odd and extremelly annoying ;)

While the client wait() is well, waiting, the device receives incoming messages - so there is a connection and the heartbeat is running normally and happily.

As this only happens on a slow connection (3G) and intermittently I am working on the assumption that the reply has been sent but has been dropped somewhere... really stretching it there, but I can't seem to find any other explanaition as exchangeDeclare creates new exchanges 100% of the time but only  returns a OK "some of the time".... sigh...

BTW, In the Javadocs there is an Exchange.Declare with a nowait boolean :
AMQImpl.Exchange.Declare(int ticket, java.lang.String exchange, java.lang.String  type, boolean passive, boolean durable, boolean autoDelete, boolean internal,  boolean nowait, java.util.Map<java.lang.String,java.lang.Object>  arguments)

However, this option is not available in the 2.8.1 or 2.8.6 .jar files or source files... can anyone tell me if this overide is in a  nightly build and/or if it's irrelevant to the task at hand?

thanks all,

Matthew