[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ as a service on Windows - setup

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Aug 20 10:46:04 BST 2012

Hi,

On 16/08/12 14:43, et1975 wrote:
> I'm configuring my nodes to work over firewall and I keep changing
> rabbitmq-service.bat to include
> -kernel inet_dist_listen_min 4000 ^
> -kernel inet_dist_listen_max 4100 ^
> into ERLANG_SERVICE_ARGUMENTS

You can also add these details to a 'kernel' section in the
rabbitmq.config file:

[{kernel, [{inet_dist_listen_min, 4000},
           {inet_dist_listen_max, 4100}]}].

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html for details.

> after that I have to reinstall the service, which still doesn't work
> until I start the server interactively, then kill it, then reinstall
> succeeds in configuring the port range.

Modifying the broker configuration requires re-installing and restarting
the service, as shown here:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugins.html#windows-restart

-Emile