[rabbitmq-discuss] C client questions . . .

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:40:21 BST 2012

Jeff;

Handshake timeout? I think that's what happens when the client opens a
socket (using amqp_open_socket) to the broker and doesn't complete the
handshake process (calling amqp_login) in a certain amount of time.  The
timeout is something set on the broker.

I could imagine this sort of thing happening if for whatever reason the
handshake was delayed, or you open a bunch of sockets to the broker without
doing the handshake (calling amqp_login).  Other reasons why this could be
happening:
- The broker is too busy (I/O or CPU) to complete the handshake in enough
time (maybe you have a bunch of clients trying to connect at the same time?)
- There is a serious amount of network traffic preventing your clients from
getting to the broker.
- Something on the client side is really slowing down the handshake process

Going to CC the rabbitmq-discuss list see if they have any ideas.

-Alan