[rabbitmq-discuss] Computer authentication/authorisation

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Aug 17 13:02:29 BST 2012

Hi,

On 17/08/12 07:42, Michael Cohen wrote:
> I would like to authenticate/authorise computers rather than human users.
> I don't want to manually have to add computer "users" in to RabbitMQ. I
> want them looked up from a directory.

This is not possible at the time of writing (v.8.5), but it may well be
possible to write your own plugin that makes use of the information
obtained from the socket. You should look at the implementation of
rabbitmq_auth_mechanism_ssl and the rabbit_auth_mechanism_cr_demo module
in the broker if you want to pursue that avenue.

-Emile