[rabbitmq-discuss] Shovel stuck?

Alex Zepeda alex at inferiorhumanorgans.com
Wed Aug 15 17:29:54 BST 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:30:45AM +0100, Emile Joubert wrote:

> > 2.) Occasionally the shovel gets wedged.  Initially it was from running into
> > the free disk space limit, but occasionally I'll run into a situation where
> > the shovel just terminates for no good reason (stop_app; start_app seems to
> > resolve the issue).  Here's the error I'm seeing:
>
> Are there any log entries in the regular or the sasl log that might help
> to explain this? How long after starting a shovel does this happen? Can
> you reliably reproduce the problem?

Apologies.  I *suspected* it was initially due to running into the disk limit,
but I'm not 100% sure.  The sensors are set to reboot daily (not my design
choice), so whatever is happening with shovel takes less than 24 hours and
seems to survive a reboot but not a power cycle.

It is definitely repeatable such that I've disabled shovel on the test sensors
that I can get into.  I've got one that's currently stuck and sending non-rabbit
heartbeats that I'd be happy to investigate when I can gain access (unfortunately
I do not have physical access to any of them).

- alex