[rabbitmq-discuss] Shovel stops receiving acks from cluster

Jon Bergli Heier jon.bergli.heier at zisson.no
Wed Aug 15 15:00:54 BST 2012

Hi, thanks for the reply.

This is the shovel config on the broker (with credentials and hostnames replaced).
The broker nodes in destination are the cluster nodes, and source is the local broker
I'm shoveling messages from.

{foo_shovel, [
  {sources, [{broker, "amqp://localhost?heartbeat=5"}]},
  {destinations, [
    {brokers,
      ["amqp://user:pass@rabbit1?heartbeat=5", "amqp://user:pass@rabbit2?heartbeat=5"]
    }
  ]},
  {reconnect_delay, 5},
  {queue, <<"foo">>},
  {prefetch_count, 1000},
  %{ack_mode, on_publish},
  {publish_fields, [
    {exchange, <<"foo">>}
  ]}
]}

The problem appears when I shut down and then start rabbit1 or rabbit2 (using either
the debian init script or rabbitmqctl stop_app). All servers are VMs, and I've also
reproduced this problem by forcing a shutdown of the VM and then booting it up again.

I've checked the shovel status in the management interface and it always shows as
"running" even when the problem appears.

On a related note, when letting the broker sit idle for a while (approx. 24 hours by now)
the shovel seems to disconnect from the destination without reconnecting even with
messages still in the source queue (all of them shows as "ready" with none "unacked").