[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit 2.8.5 enable plugins, cannot_write_enabled_plugins_file

David Myllykangas david.myllykangas at ericsson.com
Fri Aug 10 07:42:18 BST 2012

Hi

I just downloaded rabbit 2.8.5 and compiled from source.

when I try to run scripts/rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management I get the following error:
Error: {cannot_write_enabled_plugins_file,"/etc/rabbitmq/enabled_plugins",
           enoent}

I have set the environment-variables;
RABBITMQ_BASE
RABBITMQ_MNESIA_DIR
RABBITMQ_LOG_BASE
RABBITMQ_PLUGINS_DIR
RABBITMQ_PLUGINS_EXPAND_DIR

Is there any other environment variable I need to set to get this to work? (I need rabbit to have all configrations in a separate directory)

Thanks

-David