[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq location

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 8 17:13:47 BST 2012

On 08/08/12 17:03, Michaël Journo wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hi Michaël.

> I'm a new user to rabbitmq and I'm running into a disk usage
> problem.
>
> Rabbitmq is not running properly because of a disk usage limit, which
> I don't want to turn down. Instead I would like to move relevant
> files into some directory in /home (e.g. /home/rabbitmq) since /home
> is the main partition of my server. Which files should I move and
> which configuration files should I change in order to do that ?

You don't say which packaging you're using; I shall assume deb or RPM.

You can put

MNESIA_BASE=/home/rabbitmq/db
LOG_BASE=/home/rabbitmq/logs

into /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf and restart RabbitMQ, this will
start afresh in the new location (make sure it is owned by the rabbitmq
user!)

If you need to move over the existing DB, it will be found in
/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen