[rabbitmq-discuss] How a basic cusumer of WAN know the internet connection is break?

luo roger roger.maillist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 20:37:12 BST 2012

I am using pika lib.

When I creat basic cusumer using a callback function, the broker push
messsages to the client,.

client connect to the broker throught internent, but the WAN is unstable.
when the WAN is break, new message can't be pushed to client,but client
think everything is ok just no new message. Then my app REST here.

If client use baisc get in loop, it pull message from broker, when the
connection is break,   exception of AMQPConnectionError be caused.
The client can know internet is error.

How a basic cusumer of WAN know the connection is break?

Roger