[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit.js and x-ha-policy

Michael Bridgen mikeb at rabbitmq.com
Thu Aug 2 00:08:42 BST 2012

Hi, Arnaud,

> I'm wondering how to set arguments to a queue in rabbit.js.
>
> I'want to use this option: {'arguments': {'x-ha-policy': 'all'}
>
> //rabbitMq connection ready
> context.on('ready', function () {
>      var pubStatSub = context.socket('PUSH');
>      pubStatSub.connect('statsub_queue');
>
> });
>
> Is that possible?
> Do I have to switch to an other library like node-amqp? (if it's possible)

Currently yes, you'd have to switch to node-amqp for that. It's not
/that/ painful, just a bit more complicated than rabbit.js.

My feeling about HA policy is that it ought to be policy, rather than an
ad-hoc setting. Maybe that's changed in RabbitMQ now, I guess I could
ask. In any case, my inclination is that in rabbit.js it would be an
argument given in the context, to be applied to all PUSH/PULL and
REQ/REP queues. What do you think? Want to submit a pull request?

-Michael (squaremo)