[rabbitmq-discuss] Eliminated hrls from 2.8.2 source?

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Mon Apr 30 14:51:35 BST 2012

I'm updating the rebar fork of amqp_client with 2.8.2 and I noticed that some .hrl files have been removed. Previously I had the following in the rabbit_common dependency:

include/rabbit_auth_backend_spec.hrl
include/rabbit_auth_mechanism_spec.hrl
include/rabbit_backing_queue_spec.hrl
include/rabbit_exchange_type_spec.hrl
include/rabbit_msg_store_index.hrl

These seem to be gone from rabbitmq-server/include now. Some of the specs appear in the source code, I see, while others seem to just be gone entirely.

Since I keep stuff tagged by version, we should be okay if someone is using rebar and depending on a specific version of rabbit_common (2.8.1 or earlier, say). But are there going to be any side effects of not having these include files any longer?

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin

http://jbrisbin.com
Twitter: @j_brisbin