[rabbitmq-discuss] How to remove a node from cluster without loosing data

Nithya Vijayakumar nithyanirmal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 01:39:49 BST 2012

Hi,

I am using 2.7.1. I have a two node cluster and I want to remove the second
node. In the clustering guide it says that this can be done by running
stop_app, reset and start_app on the second node. In our setup, however, we
no longer have access to the second node and have access only to the first
node. We use automatic config file for clustering.

How to remove the second node from cluster by resetting the first node
without loosing data? In the first node, if I update the rabbitmq.config
file with just one entry and delete the mnesia folder and restart, the
cluster gets reset, but I loose all the users, queues and stored messages.
Is it possible to backup and restore the queues and users?

Thanks,
Nithya V