[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP 1.0 Support

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 21:11:11 BST 2012

Hi Martin,

> I have to disagree though that ZeroMQ/Crossroads did a similar thing.
> Instead of dropping the AMQP model, my goal was to refine it, remove weird
> cases (like broadcasting messages to multiple queues, then load-balancing
> them to the consumers) and make the concepts implicitly contained in AMQP
> model, like request/reply, publish/subscribe etc. even more explicit.

I tend to think of (and use) ZeroMQ more of as a way to link
applications together in a brokerless topology and still get a lot of
the benefits of messaging. . My intention in drawing in the comparison
with ZMQ is to highlight that I think ZMQ does it right for those use
cases.

(I realize using ZMQ you can make one of your apps a broker and bake
in your own persistence)

I have a lot of respect for ZMQ.

-J