[rabbitmq-discuss] limits.conf not working...

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Apr 19 12:07:08 BST 2012

Hi Gonzalo.

So I think maybe some of these steps are not necessary. I was able to
modify the ulimit with the 2.8.1 deb just by adding lines for *root* in
/etc/security/limits.conf. In particular, it was not necessary to make
RabbitMQ run as root by modifying the START_PROG= line.

So this is still not a great solution; we'll have a fix in the next
release. But it's less ugly.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen