[rabbitmq-discuss] Pre-defining queue for federated exchanges?

Brendan Hay brendan at soundcloud.com
Wed Apr 18 08:21:32 BST 2012

You may want to investigate whether shovel is a better fit in this
situation.

For example: run the shovel on the current upstream, predeclare the
queues/bindings in the shovel config so messages will pool, and then push
to your downstream, rather than using federation, or dedicated consumers
etc.

When the upstream restarts and auto-magically loses its queues, the shovel
plugin will redeclare the queue/bindings on boot, and whola! Your messages
will still be routed and pooled before being pushed downstream by the
shovel.

Just an idea.

- Brendan