[rabbitmq-discuss] Cannot send message with STOMP

Lionel Cons lionel.cons at cern.ch
Mon Apr 16 14:42:35 BST 2012

It seems I cannot send _some_ messages using STOMP. After investigation,
this seems to come from the presence of "exotic" characters in the header.

I managed to reproduce the problem with netcat and the attached file.

When I try to use the file to send the message, I get nothing back:

$ (cat frame; sleep 1) | nc broker 6123

If I remove the two header lines starting with rnd-, it does work as
expected:

$ (cat frame.clean; sleep 1) | nc broker 6123
CONNECTED
session:session-wUaTaF5qzu7nKZ4TmuaWFM
heart-beat:0,0
server:RabbitMQ/2.8.0
version:1.0

RECEIPT
receipt-id:abc

So it seems that RabbitMQ does not like these header lines... Any idea on
what is happening?

Cheers,

Lionel