[rabbitmq-discuss] Mirrored queue failover

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Mon Apr 16 14:16:39 BST 2012

Hi,

I'm afraid I really don't know what to suggest. It looks like somehow
Erlang is not properly noticing rabbit3 coming back up, and getting
itself very confused. I don't know why this would be.

You say you're already using 2.8.1 and R15B, so I can't really just
suggest upgrading. Perhaps one further thing to test is when rabbit3
comes back up, connect a publisher to it (specifically rabbit3 rather
than any other node) and try to publish to an exchange routing to the
problematic queue. I'd be curious to know whether those messages
actually end up in the queue or not.

For some reason, whilst rabbit3 seems to know about 1 and 2, 1 and 2 are
a long way from convinced they know about 3. Something is very unhappy
in the cluster, and I've really no idea why.

Matthew