[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ release WIP

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 22:46:50 BST 2012

Hi,

I would like to share this project https://github.com/videlalvaro/rabbitmq-release where I hacked together a rabbitmq standalone release that includes Erlang's run time system.

Please read the README file from the project to see how to use it and to understand what where my goals. My ultimate goal is to be able to create a .pkg file, or even a Rabbitmq.app file for the Mac that you could just drag&drop into the /Applications folder.

You can download a release that works on Mac only here: https://raw.github.com/videlalvaro/rabbitmq-release/master/downloads/rabbitmq-server-osx-2.8.1u.tar.gz

The 'u' after the version number stands for unofficial, just in case ;)

Feedback is very welcome to see how we could improve this.

For example, after you apply the patch to the hg repo you will find that inside the pre-release/templates there are slightly modified versions of the rabbitmq/scripts/*. Also the new module src/rabbit_release.erl  is a shameless copy with some modifications from the src/rabbit_prelaunch.erl module.

Again, this is a work in progress.

Regards,

Alvaro