[rabbitmq-discuss] Generating a Rabbitmq release

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 09:50:18 BST 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to generate a RabbitMQ release by using the make files form
the umbrella? By a release I mean this:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/release_structure.html

I see that's there's an erlang module called rabbit_prelaunch that does
generate a rabbit.rel file but it seems to be used mostly for plugins but I
don't see any Make target for the release itself.

What I want to achieve is to be able to generate a tar file with Erlang's
erts and other dependencies as explained here:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/release_structure.html#id75658

In that way we could distribute RabbitMQ without the need to install
Erlang, which I think will ease adoption a lot.

In the mac for example I saw that Ejabberd even had a .pkg installer that
placed the server under the Applications folder. See the installers offered
here: http://www.process-one.net/en/ejabberd/downloads/

Any ideas?

Regards,

Alvaro